An easy and quick dessert to make that not only looks good but tastes good too with mango sweetness and a light, crunchy crust made from ORI Digestive Biscuits
IKO Oat Cracker Crust
- 1 packet IKO digestive biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 240g milk
- 60g mango (pulp)
- 14g unsalted butter
- 30g heavy cream
- 3 mangoes
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Place ORI Digestive Biscuits in a strong and clean plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin. You can also use a food processor.
- Transfer the crushed biscuits to a big bowl and add in the melted butter. Combine with your hands.
- Pour the crumb batter into your tart pan and press evenly with the back of a spoon to get a smooth base.
- Bake in the preheated oven. Once done, let it cool and keep in the fridge for an hour or so to get the firm base.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until pale. Sift in the flour and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Add in the mango pulp and combine.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and bring to boil. Remove from heat. Very carefully, add the milk to the egg and mango mix. Whisk continuously to prevent curdling.
- Pour the mix back to the saucepan and set over medium heat. Whisk again on low until the mix comes to a boil. Keep on low heat for about 2 minutes or until the mix thickens.
- Once done, pour into a clean bowl. Add in the butter and give a quick stir to the mango custard mix.
- Cover the mix with a plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the mango custard mix. Keep in the fridge to cool.
- Put the heavy cream in a cold bowl and whip until you get stiff peaks. Add the whipped cream to the cold mango custard mix and gently mix. Place in the fridge to cool.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Pour the mango cream mix on the biscuit tart pan and spread evenly. Arrange cut mango stripes on the top. Let it cool before slicing.